The All-Star Break is over and the Yankees are invading Fenway Park with first place in the A.L. East on the line this weekend.
Basketball's free agency frenzy is also over and NFL training camps do not open for another two weeks.
It's time to focus on baseball.
Here's the link to how I thought the baseball season would go back in April and now I'll adjust those thoughts for the last two and a half months of the season.
Five Baseless Predictions
1. The Cubs will not make the playoffs.
2. The West Division will supply both N.L. Wild Card teams and the East Division will supply both A.L. Wild Card teams.
3. Aaron Judge will hit 60 home runs on his way to winning the Rookie of the Year and MVP awards in the A.L.
4. Dave Dombrowski will pull off a major trade with his former team, the Tigers, for Justin Verlander and Justin Wilson to solidify the Red Sox starting rotation and bullpen.
5. The Mets will empty their farm system and sacrifice their pitching depth to trade for Mike Trout.
Second Half Predictions
East - Red Sox
Central - Indians
West - Astros
Wild Card - Yankees and Rays
MVP - Aaron Judge, Yankees
Cy Young - Chris Sale, Red Sox
Rookie - Aaron Judge, Yankees
Manager - A.J. Hinch, Astros
ALCS - Red Sox over Astros
East - Nationals
Central - Brewers
West - Dodgers
Wild Card - Diamondbacks and Rockies
MVP - Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks
Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
Rookie - Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
Manager - Craig Counsell, Brewers
NLCS - Dodgers over Nationals
World Series - Dodgers over Red Sox