Sunday, January 19, 2014

NFL Conference Championship Game Picks

I waited until just a few hours before game time to make the picks because with two monumental games to be played, I didn't want to rush the picks.

Picks against the spread and home team in CAPS.

NFC

49ers (+3.5) over SEAHAWKS

I feel like I need to schedule a massage for the pain and stock up on the Advil for a likely concussion that will come from just watching this game.

Both defenses are elite but I think San Francisco's offense is playing at a higher level and that will allow them to overcome the earthquake inducing noise in Seattle and return them to the Super Bowl.

23-17, 49ers.

AFC

Patriots (+3.5) over BRONCOS

The Brady-Manning XV matchup is getting all the hype but to me this game comes down to the Patriots ability to establish their power running game and the Broncos ability to stop the three-headed monster of LeGarrette Blount, Stevan Ridley, and Shane Vereen.

The heavy action in Las Vegas has knocked this spread down from 7 to 3.5 during the week and that should lead me to taking the value and picking Denver but, in the words of Bruce Springsteen, the Patriots (looked on as tramps due to all their injuries this year) are born to run.

29-24, Patriots.

Regular Season: 116 - 135 - 4
Last Week: 2 - 1 - 1
Playoffs: 2 - 3 - 3

No comments: