Saturday, December 17, 2011

Football Picks

A quick note before we get to the picks, which hopefully will be a bounce back from last week's dreadful 5-11 showing.

On Thursday night I was coaching my basketball team and after practice we had a team function.  To the best of my knowledge I thought that I properly used my cell phone to post my pick for the Thursday night game between the Falcons and the Jaguars.  When I opened up the blog this morning to do the weekend's picks I realized that my attempt failed.  I have always been honest to my dozen(s) of loyal readers so I know you will trust me when I include that pick in this post.  Thanks.

All picks against the spread and home team in capitals. 

ATLANTA (-12) over Jacksonville
Thanks for trusting me - I promise to deliver a successful week of picks so you can bolster your Christmas shopping funds.

Dallas (-7) over TAMPA BAY
The Buccaneers have quit on Raheem Morris.

BUFFALO (+1.5) over Miami
The Dolphins were playing hard for Tony Sparano but his firing will take the air out of their sails while the Bills get a much needed win.

Green Bay (-14) over KANSAS CITY
This line is 10 points too low.

Cincinnati (-3.5) over ST. LOUIS
The Bengals keep their playoff hopes alive going into the final two weeks.

Tennessee (-6.5) over INDIANPOLIS
Picking against the Colts all year has been a pleasure.

CHICAGO (-3.5) over Seattle
I'm not sure how much I would pay to see this but it would be classic to see a Seattle player celebrate a touchdown by "sniffing" the goal line in memory of Sam Hurd's career.

ARIZONA (-6.5) over Cleveland
You might have Colt McCoy like symptoms if you take the Browns on the road.

New Orleans (-7) over MINNESOTA
Tough season in Minnesota but at least Adrian Peterson is still playing hard for the thousands who have them on their fantasy teams

NY GIANTS (-7) over Washington
I guess someone has to win the NFC East.  Right?

Carolina (+7) over HOUSTON
Congratulations on the AFC South title Houston but the injuries finally catch up to you this weekend and your hopes of clinching a first round playoff bye get crushed by the Cam Newton Express.

PHILADELPHIA (-3) over NY Jets
The Eagles strike a blow to the Jets playoff chances and maybe save Andy Reid's job in the process.

Detroit (-1) over OAKLAND
The "Wrath of Suh" will be too much for Carson Palmer and the Raiders.

Patriots (-7.5) over DENVER
The nation is on the Tebow Bandwagon and everyone loves them to cover this spread but I really think the Pats will have a breakout game on both sides of the ball and win by at least 10 points.

Baltimore (-2.5) over SAN DIEGO
Pats-Ravens for the AFC Championship in a few weeks.

SAN FRANCISCO (-1) over Pittsburgh
I think the Harbaugh brothers had a chat this week on how to beat the Steelers.

This Week: 1 - 0
Last Week: 5 - 11
Season: 101 - 101 - 5

No comments: