Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Red Sox v. Twins (April 25, 2012)

Boston Red Sox (6-10) at Minnesota Twins (5-13)

SP - Clay Buchholz (1-1, 9.00) v. Liam Hendricks (0-0, 3.86)

Lineups not posted as of 2:45pm.

Three Strikes:

1. Come on, admit it, the only time you're watching the Red Sox tonight will be in between periods of the Bruins game.

2. Buchholz will be looking to bounce back from an embarrassing start in his last game when he allowed 5 home runs to the Yankees.  He has not looked good all year and if he struggles again tonight, you have to start wondering if he has fully recovered from last year's back injury.

3. At what point does Daniel Bard sit down with Bobby Valentine and tell him:

"You know, skip, I think I will be a lights out starter at some point soon in my career and I'm going to make a truck load of money doing so but right now, at this moment, the best way for me to help the Red Sox is to be your closer.  F*** it, put me back there.  I want to win games, not spit seeds in the dugout with Beckett and hear his stories about the 2007 World Series.  I want my own ring, dammit.  Call up Aaron Cook from Pawtucket, have him fill my spot, and let's start winning some f****** baseball games!"

No comments: