Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bracket Busted

My annual college basketball bracket was busted duirng the opening days of this year's tournament, going up in flames along with Missouri, Duke, UNLV, and Michigan.

I still have three of my Final Four predictions playing this weekend (Kentucky, Ohio State, and Kansas) and one other Elite 8 prediction (North Carolina) but this has pretty much been my worst showing in 20+ years of filling out a bracket.

Although they wrecked my shot at collecting any money from the pool I entered, I enjoyed watching Norfolk State down Missouri just hours before Lehigh topped Duke.  I also loved watching Ohio make their run and yes, even a life long Tarheel fan like myself, I was hoping the Bobcats would have found a way to knock off mighty North Carolina last night.  Those games are what make March Madness the best three weeks of the American sporting season.

Of the eight teams still playing, I see Florida, Kansas, Ohio State, and Kentucky making their way to New Orleans.  Yeah, I'm sticking with the three teams I originally picked to make the Final Four and in place of Missouri, I'm going with Billy Donovan's squad over the Big East champion's Louisville.  Hey, it's my dream to coach in a Final Four but it's more realistic for me to just cheer on my namesake down at Florida.

In the final it's going to be Kentucky over Kansas.  John Calipari will finally win the national championship he has been seeking since his days at UMass and Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and all the other Wildcats will start prepping for the NBA Draft while being fitted for championship rings.

No comments: